Thursday, March 09, 2006

I'm free today!!!


My kidos...Brayden, Shelby & Mason...

Today my baby went to the babysitters for the 1st time. She has kept him before for a few hours while I went to the dentist, but he's staying all day. AND - it's storming really bad here. Sirens were going off, a building up the road has a roof blown off & 2x4's through walls...I'm here alone & my baby is elsewhere. Now, talk about feeling horrible! The hubby is on his way home from Dallas - I'm sure having the time of his life flying in this junk. ugh!

I had a dental appt. this morning at 9:30 - got outta there at 12:30!!! (I took them homemade cinnamon rolls & sourdough bread. They loved it!) Then I went to inventory my scrapbook stuff at our local coffee shop...made $126 - not bad for a days work. ha! I've got some other stuff to bring over, but I gotta find the time to do it. I came home afterwards to meet hubby, but he's not here yet. His flight was supposed to get here at 1:46 --- about 40 minutes ago and his phone is still turned off.

Last night, Shelby and I had another nice conversation about life... What is it about teenagers -- they think they know it all & we're complete idiots! Yeah, I know, I felt the same way about my mom. But come on, they have to give in at some point. She's mad at me b/c I made her break up with her boyfriend - whom I heard from the school nurse is a loser & a junky. She sees nothing wrong with that & thinks I "judge" her friends & boyfriends. I'm her mom & I want the best for her -- am I not supposed to be picky about who she runs with? She got in-school suspension about 2 weeks ago for skipping class. That is SO not my daughter. She's gone from a straight A student to 2 D's & 1 F on her mid-nine week report. She's brought the grades up & she says that she just didn't turn the work in. If that's so, what the heck is she doing in class?? I think our teachers are a little too leanient (not sure on the spelling). Her rebellious stage is stimulating from her 'oh-so-wonderful' father. He's in and out of her life all the time. He's on his 3rd marriage - ok, so maybe his 3rd divorce, who knows anymore... She doesn't like it when he calls his daughter, so he just doesn't do it until it's convenient for him. He is tearing her apart & he doesn't even care. And she takes it out on ME! I guess it's ok at times, but boy have I ever been stressed these past 2 weeks. I have wiped **everything** out of her room. I even took the door off it's hinges! She's such a great kid, I just don't understand this. I know it's a phase & it's gotta get worse before it gets better. We just need lots of prayer! That's the only way it's going to work. I've given the issues to God (even tho I still try to sort through them myself) and I know in time He will prevail.

4 Comments

At 3/09/2006 3:23 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Hi-My name is Gwen and I'm mom to 3 kiddos as well! My oldest will be 10 in May so we are not quite where you are yet but oh boy do I worry about those teen years! My daughter is so strong willed and stubborn I'm scared to death!

I found your blog through Christy and just thought I would stop by and say hi. Welcome to the blog world! It's fun!

 
At 3/09/2006 5:36 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Remember, this too shall past.. it will make you stronger.. you are doing great! It isn't going to get the best of you... your going to come out on top! Hang in there!

 
At 3/10/2006 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! My oldest will be 11yrs old in May. I am excited for him and yet nervous that he will be an official preteen. All I can say is what we as mother need to hear often and that is YOUR ARE DOING A GREAT JOB! Oh and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I am glad that you decided to blog because I am sure that I will be asking you for advice soon.

 
At 3/10/2006 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful kids by the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home