Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Today I've got to get my house organized so I can paint my scrapbook room tomorrow while Mason is at the sitters. After that, I'll only have 1 more big room to paint...my hallway...and the front bath. I've got to get someone to take down the wallpaper border though. I *hate* wallpaper....I can't believe I put it in my house! Yeah, I picked it out too.

I've been writing. It's not something I normally do. I wrote 3 childrens books about 4 or 5 years ago. They're still in my computer...no they are on a yellow sheet of paper somewhere. I never did anything with them. I guess because I don't know what to do! They were "The Adventures of Brayden Bear" for my son, Brayden. I wanted to start something about "Mason Monkey" but never did. Instead, I'm writing about 'teenagers' and things they go through. I'm on Chapter 5 - I had Shelby sit down last night and read it. She was talking about Ch 1 and how she wanted to know what was wrong with this particular girl...but it ended and she told me I needed to finish it. Later in the story she found out...then she couldn't stop reading. She said, "Mom, I was like - WHAT?! I had to go back and read it again." It was kind of funny - but made me feel good. I don't know that I will ever do anything with it, but it's meditation for me, I guess. It keeps my mind off my daily stresses (ha) and keeps me focused on these 'kids' in the book...and what they'll do next. I'm already thinking about the 2nd one.... That's really weird for me to concentrate on something like that. If I think it's good enough - and it keeps Shelby's attention (which is sometimes hard to do), I might send it off, but it's not in my plans right now. As I said - it keeps me focused on something else.

Mason's allergies are getting the best of him - for the past 3 days. He looks horrible. His eyes are puffy, watery, tired. His nose is red. My little angel doesn't feel good! But he's such a sport. He's playing Brayden's drums right now as I'm writing this. I can barely see him over them.

I'm hoping to post some pictures laster if I get time...

Have a tremendously blessed day!

5 Comments

At 3/15/2006 9:36 AM, Blogger nanda said...

Great blog! it was weird to read the other side of the story though. Keep it up :)

 
At 3/15/2006 5:31 PM, Blogger Christy said...

You keep writing.. something is going to come out that others need to hear!

 
At 3/16/2006 12:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, you need to follow your dreams and keep writing about your teenage daughter. I will need help someday!

 
At 3/16/2006 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I think that is awesome. You should do something with them in term of getting them published.But I know you will in all good time.

 
At 3/20/2006 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for some reason I could leave a comment but couldn't see the post....um, i'll read it later. Sorry michelle...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home