Thursday, May 25, 2006

TODAY...

I am much better. I've been fighting off a sore throat (possibly strep) and I have a Beijo purse party tomorrow night. If I'm still not up to par, Shelby is going to host it for me! I have no idea who will be here and who won't.

The past 3 weeks have been tough. I got the stomach virus, but thankfully it only lasted 6 hours. The next Saturday we went hiking & Eric got it. Late Sat. night, Brayden got it. He threw up less than a foot from the bathroom - and I had the carpets cleaned the week before! Oh my, was it gross. He was fine on Monday, his birthday, but that night while he was asleep in my bed, he threw up again. I was oh-so-happy that he did it on my pillow...that's now in the trash. That same evening, Mason got it, so I was up all night with him while Eric was on the couch. I didn't sleep a wink because I was afraid he'd throw up and I wouldn't hear him. He was fine the next day. Eric was down for a couple of days, but got better right before his trip to CA. He called me at one point and said, "Brooke Shields and Jennifer Anniston are at our hotel eating lunch..." He called another day and said he was about 20 feet away from Janet Jackson. After that, I told him not to call me anymore. :) He was home for a day & then off to Portland. I've had more stuff going on while he's been gone...juggling all these kids and their activities - all overlapping with me running around with my head cut off. Oh, I don't have hair anymore - I pulled it all out this week. HAHA!!! j/k

So anyway, Tuesday I woke up with a sore throat & felt icky all day (one of those, run-around-all-day-trying-to-figure-out-how-you're-going-to-get-your-other-kid-where-they-need-to-be, days). Shelby had a dental appt at 4, Brayden had to be at his game at 5, it was over at 7 & Shelby had to be at the clinic for a physical at 6:45....see what I mean?! I was in bed by 7:30! (She had a friend bring her home) The next day I was so achy, it was unreal. I guess I had a slight case of strep....I'm better today, but tired & the sore throat is still lingering.

Oh yeah - my dear friend
Christy is having a baby!!! She's been trying for over 6 years to get pregnant & she found out this week. She is soooo happy, but I think I might be just as happy as her! I can't put it in words how ecstatic I am! Heck, she's already looking at bedding & I'm telling her we can paint the nursery. I'm having baby fever again, so I guess that's part of the reason I'm so excited. Three kids is enough for me! AND my friend Amber is about to pop any day. The photographer I used to work for had his baby yesterday & my life-long friend, Lynn is having her baby June 9. Guess I have lots of little ones to spoil (and get my fix from)!

OK, so the latest on Shelby - you know, life with a teenage daughter --- I found on her myspace account where she was talking to guys from CA & GA & posting on others how "hot" they were...telling some where she was from (city and state). The boy from GA said something about his "dick" and how he masterbated in front of his webcam. I went off. She is no longer allowed to use the computer. No internet for sure. The 2 'blogs' she has will be deleted, she can't I.M. (which is really important to her) and she can't check her email (unless I'm over her shoulder). It's been a huge ordeal. I swear these teenagers have NO idea what they're getting themselves (and their families) involved in. They post WAY too much info for anyone to see. Internet predators are out there...and I'm not going to allow them to find my daughter! (You frequenters, you can see I've taken off a lot of not-so-common info from my blog...just in case!) Keep praying for me, for Shelby and for my sanity. I'm not sure I can deal with this much longer. She keeps pushing my buttons & they're about to explode!

12 Comments

At 5/25/2006 9:42 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Glad your feeling better! I am just thrilled about this little one! Hurry and get that journal done for me! I am so impatient! You were too so don't laugh :0) Cover Shelby in prayer! I am!

 
At 5/26/2006 3:35 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Praying for Shelby and the family!!!!!

 
At 5/26/2006 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stranger! Glad to "C" "U" "R" back to blogging. I have been wondering how you are doing. I will definitely keep Shelby in prayer. My niece is was fourteen last year and she went through a terrible ordeal. Something horrible happened to her(probably what you thinking right now). Its something she will remember for the rest of her life. She tried to hide it but she had an emotional breakdown at summer school and that is when she told us(her family) what happened. She has definitely healed and she has bounced back but I wish it would not have happend to her. SO please dont feel bad about how you punish your daughter... just remember you are just trying to protect her.

 
At 5/30/2006 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I"m sorry you've been sick. My baby has been too. Double ear infections.

Like I've been telling everyone we are back from our long week, and I'm finally back to blogging again. Great to see your posts again. Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend!

 
At 6/01/2006 4:34 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Helloooooo where are you and why aren't you blogging? I know we have been talking on the phone alot but come on your slacking hee hee

 
At 6/08/2006 9:56 PM, Blogger Christy said...

hellooooooo

 
At 6/09/2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Becky said...

TAG...your turn! See my blog for the "Seven Things" meme...

 
At 6/20/2006 4:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, just checking on you! Miss your blogs!

 
At 6/28/2006 10:37 PM, Blogger Christy said...

You have really got to write girl!

 
At 7/18/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Have you given up on blogging?!?

 
At 7/19/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and wondering how you are doing. I hope all is okay and you are just too busy with summer activities to blog these days. In any case I just wanted you to know you were missed.

 
At 4/24/2007 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home