Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter

Easter was so fun this year. Mason was such a hoot. Coloring eggs was an experience for him. He refused to wear the glove once he got ahold of an egg...so he just got a plain white egg! I have no idea what he is doing in the picture with his hand on his chin - just being silly, I guess. He wanted to lick & eat the egg too. ugh! During the easter egg 'painting,' we made Easter Story Cookies. That was a lot of fun. I think we all learned a little bit more about Easter. I didn't know they gave Jesus vinegar to drink while he was on the cross! Check it out: http://solidgospel.com/subpage.asp?StationId=SolGos&PageNo=89 (if you don't like nuts, substitute chocolate chips for the pecans - that's what we'll do next year!)
Mason got a huge Spongebob stuffed toy & his basket was full of SB stuff! When he saw it all on the couch, he did this little dance while he was walking towards it. It was so cute. Brayden got a new General Greivious (from Star Wars) & the expression on his face was priceless. (I'm so good at getting those shots too!) Shelby got 2 new shirts from American Eagle (good thing we'd gone shopping the week before cause she's so picky), tanning stuff & an AC/DC CD. She's into all the old stuff I listened to growing up. (Even Aerosmith & Bon Jovi!) She was thrilled.

We went to church (it was packed in the 2nd service - Eric even had to get up & get more chairs for people) We then came home & my aunt and uncle came down to watch the boys find eggs. That's them in the picture (with the kids). About 1pm, we headed up to Eric's parents for Easter "ham"burgers! :)

We tried to get my annual Easter pictures, but as you can see, no one wanted to cooperate. Brayden was mad (in the bottom picture) for some reason, Mason couldn't sit still & poor Shelby was trying to control him, all while her hair was all over the place. This is the best picture & Mason is blurry! Oh well - it's a story for their scrapbooks! The top pciture is a little blurry too - but at least they were both half smiling. Like their matching shirts?!

Last but not least, a pic of me and my dear hubby. We never get our picture made together, so I try every chance I get. Shelby took a few for us & this was the best one. If the pics are too small to see, click on them & they should come up larger. I hope you had a blessed Easter!

Oh, I almost forgot! Mason went to the doctor today for his 18 month check up. He didn't gain much weight at all (since 15 months - maybe 3 oz.) - in the 25%, but he took a huge growth spurt. He grew 4 inches in 3 months - in the 90%. He's doing great & she's so happy he's such a talker. (I may beg to differ at times! haha)

7 Comments

At 4/17/2006 3:06 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Your pictures are great.. I like the necklace too!

 
At 4/17/2006 3:23 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

You have a beautiful family! It sounds like Easter was a blast! Christy pointed out your necklace and I was going to say I love it too!

I love the pic of you and your hubby! That is a great shot!

 
At 4/17/2006 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pictures. i think they are cute.

 
At 4/17/2006 5:57 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks to all of you! The cross was cheap (like $9), but the necklace was a little more pricey. They came from different places. I can't remember either of them... +imagine that+

 
At 4/17/2006 9:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I need to do the Easter cookies when my kids get older. Family looks great!

 
At 4/18/2006 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ALL ARE SO GOOD LOOKING! THANKS FOR SHARING.

 
At 4/18/2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Love the pics! Thanks for sharing...have a great week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home