Thursday, April 20, 2006

It's the Mood!

Today I am blah. I don't know if it's the weather - or just me. I have days like this here and there, but not that often. Shelby had a band concert contest this morning & I got to go! Mason is at the sitters. When I got home, that "mood" hit. ugh! I wanted to scrapbook today - possibly put the finishing touches on Mason's "DIRTY" layout, but I haven't touched it. I get inspired and discouraged when I look at a friends' stuff... Janna is awesome! She truly is an inspiration to me & I told her forever ago that she'd make it big one day --- and she has. She designs for junkitz, teaches at CKU's around the US, etc. I am so envious of her because she followed her dreams. I guess the 'discouragement' comes from the mood & the fact that I'm not as good as that. It would be a dream for me just to be published in a scrapbooking magazine, but they are soooo picky! So, I just give up. (Great attitude, huh?!) Again, it's the mood... I skim through my "Creative Sketches" magazine and wonder why in the world my layouts weren't picked for publishing. The ones they pick are sometimes so busy & they totally take away from the subject. All you see is paper...and I ask myself "Where are the pictures?!" I think to myself how my layouts were just as good, but still.........totally discouraging!

My house is a wreck. You can't even get through my bedroom for all the crap in the floor. I have so much stuff in that room, it's unreal. Clothes need to be hung, they need to be washed, stuff needs to be tossed & I just let it keep getting worse. I've got to turn on some upbeat music and get with it today. Blah is not me! But I can't get motivated at all today.

OK, so now you know I'm not perfect either. I have my moods, I have my days....we are entitled to them, right - we are women. I just need to snap out of it. But how?! I just roll my eyes at my frustration. Sometimes I wonder what my journey here on earth is... I have no career, I have no college education. God blessed me with creativity, but obviously not enough for some people. I'm not the greatest mom in the world, nor the greatest wife, so one can only wonder...
Amanda said it perfectly on her blog..."God has a plan for your life" and I know he does, I just have to be patient. :)

5 Comments

At 4/20/2006 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are right. it will pass. and you are also correct, God's plan will be revealed in his own time.

 
At 4/20/2006 2:14 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Oh I'm right there with you! My mood has been blah all week! I know it will pass.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow! God loves you!

 
At 4/20/2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Here's an idea? Have you spent anytime in God's word today? I don't mean that in a preachy way either. But, a lot of times we end up getting stuck in days like this because we aren't filling it back up with anything. The word is powerful and we can't live without it!! You have a purpose! I have a degree in MRS.! I am a Mrs. and a mom and this is my job, my purpose. I want to do more. I want to speak to women all over the world, I want to sing, but right now these four walls that I am in hold my purpose. Don't get down on yourself, we ALL have days like this! But, stay in the WORD!!!!!

 
At 4/20/2006 3:07 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks to each of you! But Amanda, you are so right...thank you so much for the reminder!

 
At 4/21/2006 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you were having a moody day...Hope things got better the next day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home