Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tuesday's Treasure

I said I'd post my 6 weirds today, but it's "Treasure" day and today I am going to write about my hubby.

We met at work in 1996 at a trucking company (where he's still employeed). He worked in Risk Management & I was a 'peon' in H.R. He had a strict policy that he didn't date anyone at work. Obviously he made an exception! We "hid" our dating for over a year (but people weren't stupid). I quit in 1997 - he proposed in March of 1998, we were married in August '98 and had Brayden 9 months & 1 day later! :) You know they say not to drink the water in Mexico...

I must say that he is my soulmate.

I love his eyes.
I love that he is so strong-minded and intelligent.
I love that we don't fight - but we agree to disagree.
I love his arms.
I love that he works out all the time.
I love that he loves to travel.
I love that he puts his family first...that he'd rather be home with us than playing golf (or anything of the sort).
I love the fact that he's so generous (he let me give a good friend of mine $300 today b/c times are hard in her life).
I love it that he wants to be a dad and that he is.
I love it when he wants to stay home with the kids when I do something with my friends & he doesn't think he's "babysitting."
I totally respect him.
I love his laugh...I love to hear him laugh.
He is my treasure.
He has given me more than I've ever dreamed of.
Without him...oh, I have no idea what I'd do.
Only God knows the love I have for him.


7 Comments

At 4/25/2006 4:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I am just jealous of your jeans! Yep, pretty materialistic of me but i have always wanted those jeans but not in the budget! :) I pray that God richly blesses your marriage.

 
At 4/25/2006 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderful post. i am glad that God gave you a wonderful husband.

 
At 4/27/2006 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love this picture. I can not only see but I feel your strong sense of love for your husband.
How have you been by the way? We haven't talked in a good while.

 
At 4/27/2006 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great picture! (amanda has me wondering what it is she knows about jeans that i clearly don't) Beautiful words for who sounds to be a deserving husband!

 
At 4/30/2006 4:48 PM, Blogger Becky said...

What a sweet post...I really enjoyed reading it!

 
At 5/01/2006 6:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I love this post...I found you through Christy.

I love the picture and what you said.

I've been on a kick lately about treasuring and blessing our husbands and this really touched my heart!

 
At 5/04/2006 2:05 PM, Blogger Gabriella said...

Somehow I found my way here, what beautiful words you wrote about your husband. You are truly blessed to have found someone that makes you feel this way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home