Thursday, March 23, 2006

Weekend

We are leaving tomorrow for Ponca. It's supposed to be a family reunion, but my mother-in-laws sister (Lucy) and her family aren't going to be able to make it. They found out that Lucy has an anurisim (not sure on spelling) in her stomach and doesn't need to be out in the woods if something were to happen. She is supposed to have surgery on the 13th. We haven't seen this side of the family since Lucy's husband died about 1-2 years ago. We used to have family reunions every year & stopped the year before their mother died (2002 or 3). It's so nice getting everyone together....such a HUGE family (for only 2 daughters). We reserved a dining room for 50 people! My husband is one of 5 kids.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I'll be gone for a few days. Please pray for Lucy --- and for me, as I just found something disturbing my daughter and some boy were writing back and forth about via email (and she barely knows him...he lives in another city close to us). Oh yeah, a mothers worst nightmare - at THIRTEEN! That 3 letter "s" word we all cringed at hearing our parents speak of...and that we cringe having to speak to our children about. UGH! She stresses me out to no end.

4 Comments

At 3/24/2006 12:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Keep praying for your daughter. I believe that in this day and age, a teenager is not entitled to privacy especially with the computer. You may tick her off a lot but I promise you are doing the right thing. While she is at school I think that you need to create an atmosphere for God to move in her life and in your relationship. Go to her bed and sit down and pray for her. As you fold her clothes pray for her heart, pray that she will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. Pray for her mind, that she will make wise and pure desicions. As you pick up her shoes for the 1ooth time, pray that she will walk only where the Lord would have her walk and that she will watch her steps so that she may follow him closely. WHen you begin to pray, without her even knowing it, your teenager will come into alignment. Pray that God will make your home a sanctuary and He will. I don't have a teenager but I know that I will be doing this someday, way too soon!

 
At 3/24/2006 4:43 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Wonderful advice...

 
At 3/25/2006 7:55 AM, Blogger Gwen said...

I will say a pray for you about your daughter! Amanda gave wonderful advice!

 
At 3/26/2006 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray for you Michelle.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home