Friday, April 07, 2006

Nascar here we come!!

Here's a picture of us in Ponca (where we had our family reunion a few weeks ago). Mason was enjoying playing with Shelby's hair! :) This is also the picture I have on my checks now!

We are off to Dallas tomorrow morning. I'm so anxious, but dread the drive. I know it's only 5 hours, but I hate riding in a vehicle. Eric wants to take the mustang - I'm not sure about that. It will be an experience. But I'm so happy we are taking a weekend off - away from everything to spend together. Even tho he has 2 co-workers going (one with a wife & one with a cousin - b/c his wife, my friend, didn't want to go). I think it will be a blessing. We've needed some time alone for a LONG time! The last time we tried (just to go to dinner) was when Shelby was going through the attitude thing & she all of a sudden didn't feel well (as we were about to leave). It broke my heart that I couldn't spend 3 hours alone with him. I guess there was a reason we weren't supposed to go.....????

Saturday we will go to the Busch race. (I'd rather be shopping, but I don't know my way around & will, for sure, get lost.) I'm not really a Busch girl, I like my Nextel Cup guys. However, I don't really have a favorite this year. I still like Dale Jr. (8) and cutie Carl Edwards (99). Eric's favorite (and has been forever) is Mark Martin (6). I personally cannot stand Kevin Harvick (29) or Jimmie Johnson (48)...they are whiners. I used to be a big ANTI-Gordon (24) & Stewart (20), but they've calmed their attitudes down & aren't so arrogant anymore. It's actually nice watching them race - and I don't even mind if they win. We get to watch them race on Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway. My mom is keeping all 3 kids, so it will be an experience for her - since she's never kept Mason. She's going to do her thing with them during the day & bring them back to our house to sleep. She thinks they will do much better here --- I think she just doesn't have the room for them at home. :)

Things have been going a lot better with Shelby. After Eric and I talked with her about "cutting" and "suicide," she seems to be doing well. Her attitude has changed somewhat & I've now given her clothes, make-up, bed & door back to her. (Can't remember if I mentioned that or not.) Oh, don't worry, the 'cutting' she was doing was with scissors & they were small scratches - almost looked like a cat scratched her. They weren't serious. But the 'suicide' thing, I took seriously - whether she was or not. Personally, I think she was doing it for the attention. She is seeking counselling at school & I was told that if I need to get her further help, they would inform me (if they thought she was actually serious). Needless to say, I haven't heard anything. And with all this stress, that's why I haven't been on here posting. I think somewhat, I've taken it out on a dear friend of mine (she knows who she is) and I'm sorry. I sometimes feel like everyone is out to get me, when in fact, it's the devil doing his part. This past month has been a long, hard battle for me. And as strong as I may seem on the outside, it's tearing me up on the inside. I don't tend to show my feelings that often!

On another note....The weather here is gorgeous today - after all the storms we've had the past 2 days. (Christy's blog tells you how it was.) I slept right through it last night. I've been sick - and since we'll be headed out tomorrow, I wanted to get some rest to fight it off. I dozed....oh, I mean I slept hard from about 6pm to 8:30 when Shelby came running in the Family Room (after hearing the tornado sirens) to kiss me & tell me she loves me. (She's such a hoot sometimes...and so dramatic.) Then I went to be at 9:20 & slept until 7 this morning. I dozed a little this afternoon, but not for long! I feel much better.

OH....Just thought I'd share with you that I'm soooooo happy my aunt is home! These 6 months will fly by & the 6 months she's in Arizona will drag!! She came down today to play with Mason. He cried when she left. Well, you know that little 'please don't go - and feel sorry for me' cry. He was really cute. Dispite him not feeling well. He has his very 1st ear infection! Yep, at almost 18 months, he's never had one before.

Well, it's almost time for me to get my kidos at school. It will be Monday before I try to post again. I hope you have a blessed weekend! Oh - and don't forget to look for God! He'll be the one standing right by your side!

7 Comments

At 4/07/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you need to enjoy this time with your husband for sure! I live about 45 minutes from where you will be. I pray that this will be a great time for you and your husband. I have been before and I thought I would hate it but it was kind fo entertaining, especially watching all the crazy fans. Some truly are redneck, some are redneck with a sugar coating, some have money, some don't and some are just there to get drunk! Please let me know how your daughter is doing. Again, I love your spirit!

 
At 4/07/2006 5:33 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Michelle, you are doing a great job... your a wonderful mom and wife! Don't let the devil defeat you and steal your job. He has always tried to do his best to destroy our friendship but it won't happen! Trust me, nothing I have been going thru is you....we have both had some stress! Have a great weekend with Eric, pamper yourself... you deserve it. I will talk to you when you get back - we can do lunch and scrap next week (fri). I can't wait! I love ya girl... As I keep reminding you, I will be here to help you find the next piece to the puzzle. Thank you for your friendship. I am blessed!

 
At 4/07/2006 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be negative but please take cutting seriously. When I was a senior there was a girl named "Allie" (I changed her name here) and she was a cutter. For a couple of years, we at church knew it and tried to support her. Anyway, my senior year, her sophomor year she did kill herself. There were all kinds of things to look for. Anyway, I had to do a speech at her funeral, and I felt responsible (I wasn't) because I knew she was a cutter, and was having a tough time. PLEASE PLEASE take this issue seriously. It is NOT to be taken lightly. SHe needs something, something is bothering her....

 
At 4/07/2006 11:32 PM, Blogger Christy said...

She does need help --- she is crying out for attention!

 
At 4/09/2006 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle- I hope you have a great time with your husband ... even though you would rather be shopping just being there is great! My dearest friend is also going to be there.. how neat.
I am sorry to hear about your situation with your daughter. I don't need to know details but I will be continue praying for you and your girl. Don't give up... things will surely get better!
By the way you have such a good looking family....

 
At 4/09/2006 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. In my paragraph I said we tried to "support" her, I didn't mean her cutting, but I meant encourage her, and be there for her. I just reread that and it sounded bad.

 
At 4/12/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OKay how was Nascar? I am ready for you to blog again!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home