Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Texas Motor Speedway...

Kasey Kahne won the race at Texas Motor Speedway last weekend!

We had a great weekend. We left Saturday morning at 8:30 and arrived at the track a little after 12. We did some shopping at the trailers (I got a new Dale Jr. shirt), then watched the Busch race. It was ok...not my cup of tea - I like the big boys (Nextel Cup). We checked in at the hotel & stayed for about an hour and a half before heading to Dallas (the West End) to eat at the Spaghetti Warehouse, then we went to Gator's for the boys to have a beer. A little after 10pm, we were headed back to the hotel for some much needed sleep.

Up at 6am to head to the track - for the race at 1. Yep, that's right. We were there a little after 8...after a stop to Starbuck's & Krispy Kreme. OH MY! I've never had a hot & fresh glazed donut from there. I think I could've eaten a dozen without thinking twice. I'm so glad we don't have one close to here!! It would ruin my diet for sure. The race was awesome. I tend to get a little loud when I attend these events. I haven't liked Jimmie Johnson since he won at Daytona with his arrogant speech afterwards, so when I saw him walking, I yelled "48 sucks" as loud as I could. He wasn't too far from us, so I'm sure he heard. You wouldn't believe the attentiont that got...and how many people clapped! Boy, there are all kinds at a Nascar race. You've got the guys who don't wear shirts (that need to), you've got girls who barely wear shirts, the guys in the stands that hold up signs that say "Show me yer tits" and the girls in the in-field that show them (yes, they do!), those with money, those without (and wonder how they even got in), those in between, the rednecks, man - I could go on! We left with about 80 laps left in the race, but listened to it on the radio...we wanted to beat the traffic. The first year it opened, we were there and it took over 2 hours just ot get out of the track. I slept the whole time, so it didn't matter to me. Jeff Burton won that race. We've been to 4 different tracks. We've had good seats (this weekend), we've had bad seats and we've had a private suite (Bristol). That was awesome.

Anyway, things have settled down here for the most part. I've been busy with my aunt since she got in town last week. Tuesday we went shopping in NWA, Wednesday in the Fort. I had to get the boys matching shirts for Easter & Brayden hates them b/c they have pink in them. It's a Tommy polo style shirt with navy, white & pink stripes. It was really the only thing I could find in both sizes, but it's cute & they will be adorable.

Last night I colored the top of Shelby's hair (the bottom part is dark brown & the top is blonde). Well, needless to say, she looks like Cruella now. It's not blonde - it's WHITE! I laughed my rear off last night when she came in to show me. She was so mad (as you can see in the picture) & telling me to shut up. :) But I couldn't help it. It was hilarious!!! We're going to have it fixed tomorrow!! I can't ruin my Easter pictures! She had to wear it up in a ponytail today, but everyone still noticed! :)

I hope you have a great weekend. I will try to post tomorrow. Brayden has practice in 20 minutes & I'm always late...so I better go.

GOD BLESS!

6 Comments

At 4/13/2006 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

post a pic of the final result of her hair...

 
At 4/13/2006 7:12 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

I'm glad you had a nice time! I too want to see the final results of the hair!!!

 
At 4/13/2006 11:49 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Nice job on the hair! I had to laugh girl, didn't we learn from our last experience.. :0)

 
At 4/14/2006 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle.... I am so happy to hear from you again. Thanks for sharing your experience at the races.
You and your daughter are so brave. I am so scared to color my hair. I just got highlights yesterday.I remember when my mom use to give me perms all the time. The very first one was not a good one.
Anyway.... gotta go!

 
At 4/14/2006 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the new template... kristina is so creative.
Oh and please post a fixed picture of her hair by the way if you can. I would love to see what they do to it.

 
At 4/14/2006 1:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you are back! You make me laugh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home