Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Our 3rd Day Alone...

The 1st day of school for the kids was great. As soon as Eric got home, he was asking Brayden how his day went. Of course for a 2nd grader, it's not much, "Fine," he said. So I said, "He thinks his teacher is pretty." Eric then said, "You do? You think your teacher is pretty?" Brayden, not saying words like this, said, "Yeah. She was *beautiful* today." My heart just melted. It was so cute. He has a crush on his teacher!!! And you can bet I walked him in the 2nd day just so I could tell her that!

Later at dinner, I asked him if he had a girlfriend (that's something we don't push b/c we think he's too young to have a girlfriend), but he said - several times - "Mom, I don't want to talk about it." So finally Eric said, "Brayden, just tell your mom her name so she'll quit nagging." (That's his favorite word for me - nagging.) He looked at me and said, "Mom, I told you I don't want to talk about Sara." Oh yes...we still like Sara - and we have for quite some time. She is a cutie (and lives on the same road we do)! You can go here to view her picture... http://www.junkitz.com/designers/blog/images/Sara%20first%20day1.jpg

Shelby had a great 1st day of HIGH SCHOOL. She was telling me about it before she even got the door opened when I picked her up. She is taking 4 AP (advanced placement) classes and French I. She loves French. She said she enjoys most of her classes. However, she doesn't have lunch with her best friend & she's not happy about that. She said there are only about 5 freshman that have B lunch. But she does have it with Tyler...he lives down the road (about 6 houses down) & he's my friends son. They've actually gotten pretty close over the summer. He's in 10th grade...a super sweetheart (and CUTE at that). So she hangs out with him at lunch and after school.

She hasn't said too much about any of the older boys. Only that she found out the name of one guy she thought was "Hot." But I can't think of it. I think she's really enjoying the high school life. I'm just waiting for my life to turn to pure hell - life with a teenage daughter - when all the older boys start calling; start asking her out; possibly ask her to prom. OOOOOHHHH what will I do?! Eric has a great questionaire that he's going to ask each boy that enters our home. She thinks it's hilarious! I'll be anxious to see if he really uses it & what their answers will be. If I can find it, I'll post some of it on here.


Mason is napping. He's been quite a handful today. Into everything as usual. I've had to duct tape my pantry shut b/c he's gotten everything out - baby food, hot roll mix, cookies, etc. and thrown them in the trash. I need a Nanny! I'm listening to one of my new fav. songs. "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder. I honestly don't know why I like it. It goes against everything I believe (unfaithfullness) and I'm not too sure about the band. I've never heard of them, but I still love the song. When I watch the video, well, I think I'll keep that comment to myself. You can see it for yourself & probably get the gist of what I was thinking. www.hinderonline.com (click to enter - then in the center, click under New Video, Lips of an Angel)


I have a ton of errands to do, but it rained for 2 staright hours this morning & by the time it slacked up, it was lunch & nap time for little May-Mo. (That's one of his nicknames) So, I've been inside all day long. I needed to go to Tracy's house today to get my business supplies for Arbonne. Yep, signed up to sell it. I'm pretty anxious about getting started & I hope that it turns out well for me. I'd really like to get to where they provide that Mercedes-Benz for me, so I don't have to buy it! :) Yes, I know - I don't want much! Maybe one day. Eric got a new black Mustang GT last year & yesterday got his company vehicle - a black 2007 Chevy Avalanche. Yep, we love black vehicles. Although mine is charcoal. It's the mom-mobile...and Expedition. So with 2 new cars in a year, I'm really wanting a new one. A black Expedition Limited or Lincoln Navigator. I keep begging for my Merc. GL series, but I don't see it happening ANY time soon.

I guess I should get my kitchen cleaned so I can start my dishwasher soon. I really need to plan dinner tonight too. We've been eating whatever I throw together. Last night it was Macaroni & meat with some corn. Yum, huh?! It's simple, fast & easy. (Just what I like.)

2 Comments

At 8/23/2006 3:05 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Glad to hear everyone is adjusting to school life well!

I'm right there with you on needing to get planned dinners together!

 
At 8/27/2006 4:10 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Yes, you are SO right...we are young moms with old kids! LOL I can't believe sweet, little Shelby is in high school!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home