Monday, August 21, 2006

There She Goes...

Yes, there she goes. My baby is crossing the street for the first time and about to enter HIGH SCHOOL. I can't believe it. Time sure flies, doesn't it?! It just seems like yesterday that *I* was in high school and now I'm dropping Shelby off ... OOOOHHHH, I'm dropping her off to all those older BOYS! My heart aches. My body hurts. I'm so sad. Does this make me old?! How can I be old? I'm not even 32 yet. To top it off, my dear friend Christy just reminded me that all the older boys will be scoping out the new freshmen. Wasn't that nice of her?! :)

This is a picture of Shelby (in black) with her friend Cody & best friend, Danielle. Yeah, I hear it every now and then about how HOT Cody is. He's a sweet boy, but I do have to remember he's a teenager with raging hormones. Danielle called as I was dropping Shelby off & made us come across the street so they could "walk in together." I remember the first day of 9th grade. My best friend, Brandi and I dressed alike. She wore a black and neon orange outfit & I had the exact same thing, except mine was neon green. Lordy, what were we thinking?! I wish I had a picture of that!!! It would give us a good laugh for today!

Brayden started 2nd grade. He was pretty excited about it. He asked me to bring my camera in b/c he wanted a picture of him with his teacher. Isn't she a doll?! I've known her pretty much my entire life. I was best friends with her step-sister growing up, so I was around her a lot. She just had a baby 9 weeks ago. I don't know how she left her! Anyway, Mason was a nightmare while we were there. I chased him all over the school. It's a wonder I'm not 100 pounds! Not only that, I can't even get off 5 pounds chasing him! haha

Brayden is such a quiet person until he gets used to his surroundings, so I'm sure he won't give his teacher any trouble. I just can't believe he's the "old" one in his school now. (It's K-2). He'll be starting a new school next year...but let's not get that far yet. Here he is at his desk! You can see the little nightmare in the background (Mason) - he thinks he's big enough for school! But I couldn't talk Brayden's teacher into letting him stay!

And last, but not least, just a photo of the kids on their 1st day of school. (Brayden is weighted down with school supplies - that's why he's standing so funny - b/c I forgot to bring them to open house! It was at 6pm last week & I thought it was at 7 - I found the paper 15 minutes before we had to be there!!) Shelby got her bag at American Eagle. No more backpacks for this high schooler! Yeah, she's too old for that kind of stuff now. Danielle has the same one, just in khaki.


Now on to other things... Eric and I celebrated our 8th anniversary a week ago. I can't believe we've been married that long - and we've been together 10 1/2 years! WOW! He was 29 years old when I met him...and in January, he'll be 40! I was 21 at the time & will be 32 in November. Shelby was only 3 1/2! We've had quite a ride & I look forward to the rest! He bought me a new kitchen table for our anniversary (I got it a month early) and he took me to eat at a wonderful restaurant Saturday night. We then went to the mall to pick up his suit that he bought the previous weekend & walked around for a little while. I got the Nickelback CD at Target. It was really nice to get away together without the kids hounding us every 2 seconds. I can't wait for him to put that suit on - he's already HOT & Sexy as it is... :) He dresses up every day, but when he puts that suit on, it's another story!!!

Well, this YOUNG mom with OLD kids is signing out for today....

4 Comments

At 8/21/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Christy said...

YOU crack me up! You are a young mom with old kids ....beautiful at that! Look at you two - you guys are perfect especially in the mustang! Love those sunglasses! You can remind me how it feels when Shelby starts her 2nd year of college and mine starts K! I am sure you will get me back!! Love ya! BTW, I am SO glad you are blogging again - about time.

 
At 8/21/2006 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your kids are beautiful and so are you and your hubby! looked like shelby was ready for high school!

 
At 8/22/2006 1:06 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You're funny Chris! Let's not talk about Shelby going to college. I'd like to get her through HS first. She "loved" yesterday! When I picked her up, She was talking before she even opened the door to get in. It was great.
Kristina, Thanks. You are beautiful yourself!

Oh, Chris - Eric got the Avalanche today & he loves it! (Weird - cause he's not a chevy guy.)

 
At 8/23/2006 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you posted again... love the pics....oh an happy belated anniversary!!! Great Job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home