Monday, September 25, 2006

Flower Pot & Graduation

This is a Flower Pot I made for Shelby's best friend, "Nelly." Her room is brown & turquiose, so I tried to match it as much as possible. The photo in the back is printed turquoise and white (like black and white) and the girls have those little plastic barretts in their hair...so I made them both a different color and made them stand out. I love it! It was so much fun putting it together, but a pain in the rear as well b/c I was trying to hurry so I could give it to her the night of their high school open house. I put "Friends Forever" on the base of the pot. The flowers are scrapbook paper - designed by my friend Janna. She's living her dream designing for Junkitz - a scrapbook company. Anyway, I hope you like it.

The weather here is starting to turn "weird." It's cold in the morning, hot in the afternoon, cool at night.....it's FALL - my favorite season! I can't complain - I love it. Oh, I'm still working on organizing my kitchen!!! This is my 6th day of doing it! I'm soooo ready to get it finished - I'm sick of doing it.


Update: I took Abby to the vet the other day to get her shots - they also had to give her THREE stitches where those idiots cut her (at the grooming place). It cost me $50! I took the bill to them & they said they'd bring a check to me the next day - it's been 4 days since then. They told me that if it ever happens again, they have a charge account at a local vets office for incidents like this --- tell me, what kind of groomer has a charge acct. at a vets office?!?! And why in the world would they ever think I'd bring her back after that?! I have heard horror stories about this place! I heard they killed a dog & that they told the owner it ran off...

My brother graduates from Basic Training October 6. I really want to go, but I can't get the kids situated for me to be able to. He really wants me to be there - and I REALLY want to go! I am so proud of him and this accomplishment. He's had a blast (more fun than he thought, he actually loves it) & we are all so proud of him. He basically went from living on the streets, doing drugs & drinking to becoming a responsible man. (OK, so I can't really give him credit just yet, but it's a start!) He's 27 and it's about time he grew up! He has 5 weeks of AIT after this - they'll leave shortly after graduation for Missouri. Then he'll be home to do his '1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year.' He got a $20,000 sign on bonus. I think that's what encouraged him to join! (I'm glad cause he owes me $1,000! - haha!) If I get some pictures of graduation, I'll post them. I've been trying for over three hours to post this picture - whats up with blogger?! Here's one of the 2 of us together the night before he left... I was being a nerd, but enjoying myself! :)

7 Comments

At 9/25/2006 6:26 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I love the flower pot and you did a great job! I have got to get my butt into gear and get my scrapbooking caught up before the baby or I will forever be behind.

I love the picture of you guys - I have been praying for him and will continue to. You've been a great help to him, a steady in his life and someone he's needed! I am just as proud of you for standing beside him and not giving up on him as I am him for taking these first steps. He's gonna come out on top! Don't you ever give up!

I gotta see the house once your done. If you get discouraged come see mine hee hee. My husband did a fantastic job. We have to hit the garage and outside (put up our fall decorations and such).

I love and miss you! Thank you for being here for me this weekend to 'vent'.

 
At 9/25/2006 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photo pot. How awesome. And I also like th enew picture of you two!

 
At 9/26/2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Just FYI...that's me and my little brother (not my hubby)! :) Have a glorious day.

 
At 9/26/2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Too cute!

 
At 10/13/2006 6:55 PM, Blogger Christy said...

HELLO ?!!??! Where in the heck are you?

 
At 10/17/2006 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do You Need Help

Im trying to find people that want to Change their Lives for the better. If your interested in ideas of career goal setting and want to start living like your the richest person in the world visit us at http://goals.spiritualideas.com/.

 
At 10/17/2006 4:25 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Your a horrible blogger these days. Ha Ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home