Friday, September 08, 2006

In Memory of Alfie...

I posted a precious picture of Abby with her big brother Alfie last week and Tonda called me yesterday telling me that Alfie had died. He'd been a little sick, but was getting over it. She went home after work to get him so she could bring him with her to pick the kids up from school. Tanner (her son) was so attached to Alfie (all of them were)....I just know he's going to have a really hard time with it. They were the only boys in the family!!! She has a daughter & 3 other GIRL dogs. Please say a little prayer for them. She was devastated when she found him. I called the man we got them from to see if he might have anymore. He has a few that are about to deliver, but he wants an arm and a leg for them! We were very fortunate to get these pups at a great price! As small as Abby is, I could sell her for $2,000. BUT - they have legs that don't work like they should. Instead of them bending at the knee, they are straight. Alfie hopped around like a bunny ... both his back legs were this way...it was so cute! When Abby gets to running fast, she'll pull her right leg up to the side (it's the only one like that). The vets say it's just like a kid being born with a deformality. It's not a big deal. Neither are bothered by it. There's no way to replace little Alfie, but if I could afford to buy her another baby, I would!!! You don't know how bad I wish I could find one right now & bring it to her. She stayed home today. She's probably still asleep. I called & got no answer. They told me at work she was sick. My heart goes out to her.

4 Comments

At 9/09/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Thanks for dropping by! Sorry to hear about the puppy. It's really sad.

 
At 9/09/2006 1:39 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Oh, that is so terrible. I am so sorry to hear that Alfie is gone.

 
At 9/12/2006 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cute puppy though....

 
At 9/12/2006 4:34 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I am sorry about Alfie girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home