Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Organization

I love organization, however I'm the most unorganized person I know. (With the exception of my mother and her mother...) I have started in my kitchen "fall" cleaning. I've thrown away 2 garbage bags of trash & I've only cleaned out 4 cabinets. (I have 6 more to go, 6 plus drawers.) It's time - I'm in the mood - and it needs to be done. I watched the season premier of "Super Nanny" this week - with the pirates...good grief - anyway, one of the wives does organizational stuff & her 3 questions were...
1. Do you need it?
2. Do you love it?
3. Will it make you money?
If you can't answer 'yes' to any of these questions, get rid of it! I've even thrown stuff away that I could sell in a yard sale, but who has time! I don't even want to store it until I have time to take it to the salvation army...it will only collect dust & probably never get done. So, away it goes. Can you believe I have 9 casserole dishes? Where did they come from?! Who needs NINE of them?! I'm sending two to my mother in law & one to my mom. I have a few pans I'm giving to my grandmother as well. Who knows what else I might find! I'm anxious to get it done so I can start on my bedroom...including the horrid closet! I'm going to get rid of clothing after clothing! Who knows where it will end up! Probably a 'lot' on ebay, knowing me!
So, my dog got butchered this weekend! I took a picture to the groomer and told them, "This is what I want her to look like. I don't want her shaved..." Well, they shaved her legs, her belly, her booty & her eyes & nose. They did not touch her back, head or neck. PLUS, they CUT her! Her little leg looks like it needs stitches! I'm so pissed. (Excuse the harshness, but I am...) I'm thinking about calling or writing them and getting my money back. Oh, YES, I paid for it!!! I'll post a picture when I can.

Do you have a second grader? Or have you? Is school a little tougher for them this year or what? Brady is an "A" student at all times. He might've brought home 2 or 3 D's all last year & he's brought home 3, I think, so far this year. The teacher said she's having a hard time getting them to listen to her for some reason...it's not just him. He's in the top level & she's only there 3 days a week, so who knows. Hopefully it will get better.

Mason got a hold of my orange sharpie marker this morning & colored his left leg...his pajamas...my tile...who knows what I haven't found yet. This is the story of my life. :)

2 Comments

At 9/22/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Girl it will look so good once you are finished! You'll love it too!

 
At 9/25/2006 3:49 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Oh, I would just die if someone messed up Sydney's grooming. Who did you use?

I, too, need to do some serious fall cleaning. Good luck! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home